Thursday, March 08, 2012

Spending spring break working on some window boxes

Guest post written by Susan Martin

It's really too bad that my spring break as a college professor isn't the same as my kids' spring break. It would make things a lot easier on me, but that also means that I get to do things by myself during the day when they're at school during my spring break. I thought that this year I would tackle a little home project while they're at school working on their studies. After a whole lot of research, I decided to go with some DIY window flower boxes.

I've thought for a few year that our house could really use some window boxes, like they're that little something that it's missing. When I was looking through some inspiration photos of window boxes I saw information on Sears replacement windows. After I read through the information I decided that it would be nice for us to have our windows replaced too, so I think I'll have that done when I'm on spring break.

I have all my materials ready to get down and dirty making these window boxes. I can't wait to see how they turn out with flowers blooming in them, which will be a little while. But it will be worth the wait.