Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Baby of the Family

Guest post by Jewel Cole


My sister talks a mile a minute when she is in a good mood. When she is in a bad mood, you might as well not talk to her. For years I have criticized her and tried to get her to change. If she is in a bad mood she can be really demanding and many times has ruined a family dinner, outing, or vacation. But I have noticed that she only behaves this way when she is with her family. All of my friends think she is fun, outgoing, and pleasant. She will talk to them about anything from going to expertsatellite.com/ to upgrade her television package to her world views. My sister doesn’t show anyone else the petulant-child side of her personality that she reserves for her family. On several occasions, I have gotten so fed up with her behavior that I have gotten up to leave the dinner table. My parents get frustrated with her, but never nip it in the bud. My mom always justifies it and says, “you can act differently with your family.” What a philosophy! Can you tell my sister is the baby?